19 June 2010

the graduate.


the graduate., originally uploaded by Luna Soledad.

She did it! W00t!

Twenty years ago, I walked across the stage. Seems like a lifetime ago and I suppose it was. Two decades. Wow.

I can still recall the excitement of school being over, really over, and feeling as though I was finally an "adult" and the world was wide open...

Of course, we could barely stand for obligatory photographs what with the beach waiting and all. My best friend Karen and I climbed into my old 1980 CJ-7 Renegade with it's custom paint job and 35" tires and stole away into the night like giddy thieves barreling down the highway with the doors off, tossing our pantyhose out the windows. --The beginning of the rest of our lives.

This is yours Nicki and the world awaits brimming over with promise and dreams... Take advantage of every single moment; it will vanish in a blink.

I have no doubt that you will make your mark and the world will be all the better for having you. It's what you're made of.

I'm so proud of you! And I love you!


"The man who graduates today and stops learning tomorrow is uneducated the day after."

...Newton D. Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment