27 March 2010

like a box of chocolates...

This morning, 7:30 am
Son: "Mommie, can Dora and Diego come to my house? Mommie, Mommie, Can Dora and Diego come to my house?"
Mommie: "No honey, Dora and Diego live in the TV. Go back to sleep."
Son: "Can Dora and Diego come to my house Daddy? Huh? Can they?"
Daddy: "Uh huh... Go back to sleep."

Back to my tales of travel:
While in Gatlinburg, after our visit to the Ripley's Aquarium, we hit up the Hollywood Wax Museum... While Liam didn't really know who any of the statues were (with the exception of Batman and the Wizard of Oz crew), he quickly learned that the purpose of being there was to pose and take pictures. He was happy to oblige and had his photo taken with Forest Gump, Jeanie (Barbara Eden), Willie Nelson, Michael Jordan, the cast of Star Trek, and Jason (Friday the 13th) among others.

This was to be our last stop before heading out toward home. Arriving at the car, I noticed that he was missing his cap, so I put away my camera and back we went to the wax museum... where we found his little hat lying on Hugh Hefner's bed. I had totally missed Hef the first go 'round. Apparently Liam had been trying on the Playboy bunny ears while consorting with the mastermind of the Playboy empire.

And me without my camera.

"If a man is after money, he's money mad; if he keeps it, he's a capitalist; if he spends it, he's a playboy; if he doesn't get it, he's a never-do-well; if he doesn't try to get it, he lacks ambition. If he gets it without working for it; he's a parasite; and if he accumulates it after a life time of hard work, people call him a fool who never got anything out of life."

...Vic Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment